Sunday, November 22, 2009

Better Late Than Never: MAC Hello Kitty Brush Set Review

I know this is a bit (ok, a LOT) overdue but I just had to share it with you guys. When MAC unveiled their new Hello Kitty collection and I saw this cutesy brush set I just knew I gotta have it. I mean, who doesn't love Hello Kitty, right?  So I eagerly waited for the Dubai release since it came out in the US around February and snatched it out of the MAC lady's hands straight away. So here it is:


The brush case is adorable and very functional. It now holds most of my brushes.


Also called the stippling brush - you can use this with liquid or powder foundation for an "airbrushed" look. Just (lightly) pat pat pat! I'll do a tutorial on this later. Disappointment: When I took it out of the plastic, some of the bristles started falling off!! *shock horror* But I used it a few times and fortunately the shedding died down. Only, I wish the bristles were a bit denser and less unruly.


Used for applying, blending and contouring powders. Unsurprisingly, I found this brush of no use to me at all! The bristles fall out excessively and it's a bit too hard on my skin. Plus it's not as rounded as the MAC 109 brush sold individually. Nothing much to say, really...

Out of the whole set, this is the one that I use the most. I try to wash it after every use because I'm scared to stain the white hairs. It pretty much does the job as far as application goes I use a different brush for blending as this one's quite stiff. There was also a bit of shedding when I first use it.

I've always found that brushes included in MAC limited edition sets are not as good as their individual handmade ones. So if you are looking for a brush right now, I would suggest investing on the good quality brushes and not the sets.

By the way I would like to congratulate Jen of frmheadtotoe for winning the Bodyshop's Holiday Party Winter Makeup Tutorial Contest! Her blog is a must-read!

That's it for now... Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails