Monday, October 12, 2009

1-Day Acuvue Define + Weekend Nail Swatch

Hey there! I've been busy as a bee this week coz of a few little accidents i had car crash and computer crash but fortunately no one got hurt and everything is slowly going back into place.

I have a lot of goodies in store for you guys today. First off: contacts. Since I started wearing glasses (which, although pretty, can be such a hassle to wear) I'm also starting to experiment with the right contact lenses. My optometrist recommended 1-Day Acuvue Define which,I was told, was developed specially for the Asian market. Sort of like circle lenses which have a large limbal ring to enhance the iris and make the eyes appear larger and doll-like. She gave me one week samples of both Vivid and Accent styles to try out.

1-Day Acuvue Define in Vivid Style


1-Day Acuvue in Accent Style


Here's what Accent looks like on my eyes in natural light


and with flash.



Unfortunately, since I used my Vivid ones during a very busy week, I wasn't able to take photos but I'm sure to purchase them again (coz they brighten up my eyes better than Accent) and will duly update this post.
For those of you who are wondering, I'm wearing:

- MAC Eye Khol in Smolder
- Revlon Colorstay Eyeshadow Pallette in Copper Spice
- MAC Liquid Eyeliner in Boot Black
- Stila Major Lash Mascara
- MAC Eyeshadow in Rice Paper on the tear ducts
Second: I did swatches of the new nail polishes I got during the past few weeks and there are lots! So let's get right down to it, shall we?



Black cream polish. Very opaque with one coat and true to it's name, dries in less than 60seconds. As with all dark colors, kind of tricky to apply but the pro-cision brush makes the task at hand (pardon the pun) easier.

 
Coral cream polish (sort of orangey dark pink - almost red). I got this baby during my trip to Australia last June and I was sporting it the whole time. Just the pop of color I need for a crisp winter afternoon in Sydney. My beau's mom liked it when she saw it on me so I offered to do her nails with it as well. She said that she never thought such a bold color would suit her and it did! The polish went a bit clumpy on the brush by the time I started painting my toenails, maybe coz it was winter. It lasted for days with minimal tipwear.



Love love love this color. I would recommend it for everyday especially for people like me who spend their time in the office typing the day away coz it doesn't chip for over a week. It's very looks very natural and has a sort of creamy transluscent finish just enough to give your nails a clean and polished look. I like doing mine with two coats that still shows a bit of nail line which keeps it from looking chalky. Drying time: 5minutes (no dents) 


Greenish teal cream polish. I stumbled upon these colors at the check-out counter in Forever21. It's a bit confusing because they don't have the color descriptions on the bottle so I had to look them up online but apart from that, nothing to complain about, really. I just love the formula because it's so opaque and pigmented and glides easily when you apply it. The color is really really bright and more on the green side with just a tiny tinge of blue.


Navy blue cream polish. This shade is perfect for F/W2009!! Check out similar shades on my previous post here. Same formula as Tropical - very smooth, pigmented and quick drying. I also wear this to work a lot and it matches with most of my outfits.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend! Toddles! xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Fab post!!love the french ivory colour, its so hard gettin nude pink colour that doesnt wash your nails out. I have never tried contacts and ive been wearing glasses since i was 6!! maybe i should try them!?
    magpie-girl.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vicki! I'm glad you liked it.

    Rimmel has another color called Peach Melba but I've yet to try them - will duly post once I do. Wow 6 years old?

    i've only started wearing contacts (i tried 3, so far) and I for me, it's better than glasses. Because:
    - they look pretty
    - very convenient
    - people don't call you four-eyes / six eyes.

    Case in Point:
    I once went to watch Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs in 3D and I forgot to put on contacts so I had to put the 3D glasses on top of my glasses!! BF started laughing hysterically -called my six-eyes the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey have u reordered your contacts? Do you know if we can get them in the states?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I got samples from my cousin. She brought it here from Kuwait. My samples are running out. May I ask where you bought yours?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails