Friday, March 27, 2009

Sephora Bue Nail Polishes Swatches & Review

Blue has been popping up all over the runway this Fall/Winter 2009/2010. Versace, Gucci, Marc Jacobs, and a bunch of other designers all featured different shades of blue in their collections. Here's a nail swatch of stuff I recently got from Sephora:

Bright navy jelly. I like this kind of blue - dark without looking black. Just the right dose of blue I need. Although, I did need to do three coats of it because it still looks sheer when I finished applying the second coat.

Bright deep blue cream. Like all cream polishes, it's streaky on the first coat but once you do the second coat (or third, if you really enjoy polish application - like me) it's very very glossy. I super love this color and seems like everyone does too coz it's already out of stock on their website.
Dark navy blue lacquer with chunky blue and silver glitter. This shade came from Sephora's new glittering nail polish line and is constanly being compared to discontinued hit Essie Starry Starry Nights.

And guess what, all the pics here are taken without topcoat - talk about high glossy! It's also got good drying time. Although, I'm not a fan of:
  1. THE SMELL - It's really strong and overwhelming -it reminded me of rubber cement.
  2. THE SIZE - It's too small! I think AED 29 ($7) for a 5ml bottle is kind of too much for a store brand - compared to NYX's 14ml polishes which you can get for just AED16 ($4).
  3. THE FLAT SQUARE BRUSH - It was hard to maneuver especially around the cuticle area.
All in all, it's pretty good to have this in your nail polish collection because they're such good colors to have around and if you don't mind icky smelling polish. But try to check it out at the store first if you're trying to buy online to see if it lives up to your expectations.

Oh yeah, I also got a pack of Sephora Nail Patch in "Faultless Purple". I'll tell you all about it once I try it on. Plus, I know I promised an entry on my recent Clarins Haul which I will duly post soon. That's a lot of stuff guys so make sure you watch out for it.

1 comment:

  1. I am LOVING Myrtille (think I spelled that right). What a gorgous blue! Great photos too! I thought these were actual shots from Sephora at first, they really are that great :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails